Please read these before applying.
- By signing up for the Sybren Hellinga Art Prize 2022, you agree with all conditions and regulations for participating in the competition.
- Artists can only apply if their application form is fully and correctly completed.
- Artists can register for the prize until Monday, August 8, 2022 (23:59 p.m.).
- Artists may only participate if they graduated with a bachelor of fine arts not earlier than June 1, 2017 and no later than July 15, 2022.
- Self-taught artists can also participate provided they started working as a professional artist in the period after June 1, 2017 and before July 15, 2022. Kunsthuis SYB considers autodidacts as professional artists if they can show through their CV or portfolio that their practice is not only limited to making work, but also exists in interaction with the field, for example by having exhibitions, giving workshops, making publications, etc.
- Artists should live and work in the Netherlands (this means that, at the time of enrollment, they should be registered at a Dutch address).
- Artists may not previously have done a full residency in Kunsthuis SYB.
- Artists are requested to send in imagery of several works (for more information see the regulations for participation).
- You can only sign up for the prize by using the digital application form on the website. Only digital files are accepted, collected in 1 PDF of maximum 10mb. For the submission of film or video material a link to an online file may be used.
- The artists can be asked to explain their work (process) to the jury or the members of SYB Circles.
- The exhibition as part of the Art Prize in Kunsthuis SYB is based on presenting existing work.
- The amount of 3000 euros can be spent freely after it is received.
Exhibition & installation
- Artists are available during the installation period between October 10 and October 21, 2022 to install the work in SYB. Kunsthuis SYB has a small production budget available for the presentation.
- Artists are expected to be present during the opening hours of the exhibition to answer questions from the public and to participate in the talk shows. The exhibition runs from October 22 to November 13 and is open every weekend from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Images of the work (s) may be used for promotional purposes.
Go straight to the participation form. For questions about the terms and conditions, please contact Gisanne Hendriks by sending an email to email@example.com